My Birthing Experience

My due date was nearing and as every newie mom-to-be i phoned few of my friends who were already mothers, enquired regarding their first time normal delivery journey. Lots of mixed feelings inside. 

On 22 November 2017, hubby man became restless with my nearing due date, so took work from home. It was my 39th week( one week due) .

Just a week early,  I experienced a false pain while i went walking with hubby. Rushed to home and explained it to MIL. The pain stopped after the Kashyam that my MIL gave. 

I wanted to apply mehandi, i did apply,clicked pic and posted in FB page too. Just when i was about to lye down for a super power nap at 3:30PM, mild cramps started. At 6:45 PM cramps increased inspite of kashyam i had. 


By that time all home folks reached home listening to the hot news ( yes i live in sweet joint family 7 in number + one on boarded fellow who was inside me). In laws phoned my parents and my mom was on her way.

I was afraid what if this was also a false pain, it will become a lil drama. ( puli varuthu puli varuth kind of)

My super cool Dad in law prepared dosa for everyone of us, while my mom like MIL dressed up for hospital, lit the pooja lamp , kept money for deity temple, checked my hospital bag that I bag packed a month ago. Every now and then my hubby walked like a cat (really nervous and filmy) asked if i still have pain. And I repeatedly replied a yes. 

At 7 PM, Had dosa and suddenly the plug  off , yes the PLUG, then I insisted going to hospital. 

Apartment lift once got struck, so my Amma always preached me not take lift. So walked down the stairs (3 floors) and was so confident and excited.

Bengaluru traffic is unpredictable and sometimes 1.5kms destination can be reached at 30 minutes also.At 7:30 PM we reached the hospital.

8 PM walked into triage and had First check up , i cried out of pain and fear , was lil non cooperative, shivering. They confirmed i am in labor with the help of non stress test. 9 PM they admitted in hospital, gave me enema to empty my stomach . NST was set up at my baby bump to check the fetal monitoring -  heart beat ,movements and the degree of pain i get at each contraction.

Membrane ruptured artificially and the dilation varied rapidly from 2-3 cm to 4-6

At around 10 PM my mom reached hospital , mil and dil left the hospital.

They suggested epidural injection which Hubby and mom agreed to give me seeing me in pain.My consulting doctor suggested not to give epidural when i was 5-6 cm itself over phone to night duty doctor. Since i was able to bear the pain.

Every time cramps increases the sound of the NST machine increases and the graph goes high and hubby says it is ok.(repeat )He wanted me to keep my cool. He took his phone asked me to watch few favorite videos to distract me from the neighbouring  ladies who cried out of pain and kindled my anxiety.

Also more than the cramps, the examination by doctor at every hour was more painful. I said right to her face, i can even bear the pain not your examination. She said you are left with no option, and there is so much more coming up... stay hard!!

The dilation became 5-6 cm
 then suddenly at 23 November 2017 4 AM diliation became 9-10 cm


Then i was taken to the labor ward. Pain was unbearable . I was feeling exhausted, painful,sleepy, tired, hungry, thirsty. Couldn’t drink my favorite coffee also.

Till 7:30 AM i was trying to push the baby out.But baby’s position was not allowing it to come out. Some technical glitches though she was already down there. The head nurse and other nurses along with my consulting doctor ( fit as fiddle, who came in with her jogging dress, cutie pie, lovely woman) said “baby swasthu aguthey , push maadu”, meaning baby becoming tried trying to come out for past 3-4 hours. They also continued scolding me and at one point doctor black mailed that she would do c section if I don’t push. I tried my best. 

I know hubby who stood the entire night right next to me was crying inside . He couldn’t take up these things. A bold and brave guy stood there helpless seeing his love is going through so much pain. I love him so much.

Kudos to The entire crew inside the room who was creating a tournament environment, push push push , clapping, scolding, being rude. Uffffff, At 7:45 AM they asked me and hubby to sign the papers for vacuum as baby’s position was not allowing it to come out inspite of my and effort . At 8:03 AM the little girl was pulled out. 

Immediately kept on my stomach for the mom baby contact. I got tears out of joy, the same one when i got during my first pregnancy confirmation.


Tada.. they lived happily ever after!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Bad Kitchner - Crackpot's comeback

Quater life crisis -A beautiful fwd mail from a bestie

Dasavatar